On Wednesday, Google turned its logo into a powerful tribute to International Women’s Day.
The doodle features a young girl asking her grandmother to read her story, about “the tale of her favorite historical heroine,” says Google in a separate piece explaining the logo.
The interactive scrolls through the lives of 13 women who have played important roles in world history. All 13 women have received their own separate doodles honoring their birthdays. Among them:
• Civil rights activist and suffragist Ida B. Wells
• Loftia El Nadi, Egypt’s first female pilot
• Mexican painter Frida Kahlo
• Sally Ride, the first American woman in space
• Ada Lovelace, the world’s first computer programmer